Sunday, September 14, 2008

Feeling like Shamu...

Well today I think I am officially turning into a bloated whale! At least, that is what I feel like. The weather is soooo hot and humid! When I walk outside, I swear I can feel myself swell. My BFF Jennifer finally admitted to me that, yes, my I am getting "pregnancy nose". For those not familiar with this lovely phenomenon, the raging hormones cause your face (in particular your nose) to swell and to spread. Scary stuff! Everyone else has been like, "oh no...I don't think your face looks any different...". Liars. I'm not bitter. I appreciate them sparing my feelings, but looking at my face everyday, I SEE what is going on!! Supposedly it goes away after the bambino comes and things will get back to normal. Well, I want better than normal!! Can God just not make my body morph into Jennifer Lopez's or Eva Mendes after Luke comes? I mean, I don't want to work for it....I just figure I deserve SOMETHING after going through these months of craziness!! Oh wait. I do get a cute little baby! Maybe THAT will be my gift....He will be better than any hot body, right?? Oh, today I really felt 2 - 3 braxton hicks contractions. I thought I might have been feeling them before, but OHHH NOOOO! These were the real deal! My stomach got so hard and I made Tom feel it just to prove I wasn't just whining (he thinks I do that a lot lately....heh heh heh...wait until I really go into labor!!). Anyway, from feeling those nasty practice contractions, I have decided to ask my doctor if he can give me an epidural at .5 cm! I mean, I'll be willing to test if giving one this early helps....Then they can give me another at 4, then 7, then when I am fully ready to go!! Sounds good to me, but I don't think he will go for it! I'm going to try to post some pics from today! Until next time.......

No comments: