Monday, October 13, 2008

Out of the isolette!

Well, the docs moved Luke out of his isolette today! This is a step up! YAY! He is now in a "crib" (really just a plastic open bed, not really a crib). He is expected to be able to hold his own body temperature in this bed. So far he is doing pretty well, but as you can see from the pictures, he is definitely layered!! Tonight he had two outfits on, he was swaddled, he had two thick folded blankets on him and his small little blankie that Jay-Jay (Jennifer Cox) bought for him!! LOTS of layers!! This is gonna help keep him warm until he realizes "hey, I have to do this on my own!!". Also tonight, he reached 4.28 lbs. We are thrilled he is putting on weight!! His little face is rounding out and he is losing some of that "saggy baggy" look. He is beautiful!! I am also seeing some sweet dimples when he smiles from dreaming (or gas...). I love them and could just eat him up!! I started back to work today. It was so good to see my kiddos! It's only been three weeks, but I swear they have grown so much. I got lots of hugs and even a few surprise gifts!! I walked a lot today and am a little sore & tired so I think tomorrow I will sit down a whole lot more!! My friends were awesome and they are even taking my kids to watch them at the end of the afternoon so I can leave before the buses to go home and take a shower before I go to the hospital. I could not work with a better group of women!! They are the BEST!! A BIG thank you to Meg, Maribeth, Casey, Cheryl, Mandy, Michelle, Angela, and Cayla (all of the kindergarten teachers at OES)....and of course to my bosses, Christa and Holli. God has blessed me with the best job and best place to work!! Well, I am calling it a night!! I'm very very sleepy and getting up early is not something I have had to do for the past few weeks....

1 comment:

Mrs. Weir said...

Hey Rhonda, Luke is a beautiful baby with a ton of hair. I think you are right if carried full term you would have had to braid his hair. I am glad you are back at school because I know all the kids missed you. I know it is hard for you not having baby Luke at home with you. That will happen real soon. He is doing great and gaining weight like crazy. You, Luke and Tom are in our prayers and I cannot wait till the day you get to bring him home and joy that both of you will feel. Take care of yourself!