Friday, November 21, 2008

A trip to the ER

Hey guys. Please say a quick prayer today for Luke. He has had a pretty bad cough for the past few days and the docs did not seem too worried about it (they think it is just his lungs adjusting to normal air and not NICU air). Last night, I was feeding him and I think he tried to cough and drink at the same time and his lips turned blue! I sat him up immediately and patted him on his back and he let out 3 BIG coughs. Scary! The docs told me to go ahead and take him to Children's and apparently this is an automatic admission. They are observing him for 24-36 hours to make sure he does not have any O2 drops. I really think that he just did this b/c he choked, but they are taking NO chances since he is a preemie that has only been home a week. They say he should be home by Sat. afternoon. They are running ALL kinds of tests just to make sure we have NOTHING else going on (like an infection). I am pretty devastated that Monkey has to be back in the hospital but if everything works out and looks good he will be home tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted on what we find out.

3 comments:

Meg said...

God love the lil man!

Jaime said...

Poor baby! I hope he feels better and is back home soon!!!

DIANE said...

HEY HOPE HE DOING OK HE SURE IS A CUTE BABYLOVE YOU DIANE